General information about our Spanish courses
GENERAL INFORMATION AND START DATES
ENROLMENT: There is no enrolment fee
- Each group lesson lasts 45 minutes.
10 lessons: 450 minutes
20 lessons: 900 minutes
25 lessons: 1125 minutes
30 lessons: 1350 minutes
- Individual lessons last 60 minutes.
- NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS PER GROUP: The maximum number of students per group/ level is 8 (10 during the months of June
and September) and the minimum, 2. If this minimum is not reached, participants will be informed that there will be a
reduction in the number of lessons, though these will be individual and without extra cost. The average number of
participants per group is 4.
- COURSE TIMETABLE: The course times may be in the morning, middle of the day or evening, depending on the number of
students and levels at the school each week.
Possible timetables for an Intensive course of 4 lessons/ day:
From 9.00 to 10.30 and form 11.00 to 12.30
From 11.00 to 12.30 and from 12.45 to 14.15
From 12.45 to 14.15 and from 14.30 to 16.00
- START DATES: Every Monday throughout the year except for the Programs for Teenagers (in summer) and PROFELE training
courses for native ELE teachers.
- NATIONAL HOLIDAYS: Spanish courses will take place from Monday to Friday except on national holidays.
The classes for these days are not recoverable (except for individual courses and group stays) and will not be reimbursed.
National Holiday dates on the working calendar: Jan 1st, Jan 6th, Feb 28th, Holy Thursday and Good Friday (Easter), May
1st, Aug 15th, Oct 12th, Nov 1st, Dec 6th, Dec 8th, Dec 25th plus two local festive days which are usually March 19th and June
Spanish Employment Laws state that holidays which fall on a Sunday will be passed to the following Monday.
TCLanguages never has two holidays in the same week, for example, at Easter there will be no lessons on Good Friday, but
there will be lessons on the Thursday.
- LANGUAGE USED IN THE CLASSROOM: Lessons will be conducted entirely in Spanish from the first day and at every level.
- CLASS ROOM MATERIALS: The school provides participants, on a loan basis, with the relevant course book and complementary
materials for lessons. Students should bring a notebook or paper and a pen and, if they wish, a dictionary.
- LEVEL TEST: Before starting their course, a language test will be taken to determine the participant’s level. They will then be
placed in a group which best suits their knowledge of grammar and conversation.
- CERTIFICATE: At the end of their course, each student will receive an attendance certificate from TCLanguages. And, if you need
it, a TCLanguages Certificate of Skills can be provided on passing an exam. For this, we will need prior notice.